Apply for & Disconnect Utility Services
Apply for Services
To sign up for utility services, residential customers must complete an Application for Utility Service. Applications will be declined, if submitted more than (2) weeks before service effective date.
- Application for Residential Utility Service Pay online
- Application for Residential Utility Service Pay by mail or use Dropbox
- Additional Account Holder (This option is only valid after signing up for Residential Utility Services.)
Businesses or Builders must complete an Application for Business Services.
- Application for Builders and Business Entities of Residential Properties Pay online
- Application for Builders and Business Entities of Residential Properties Pay by Mail, or use Dropbox
- Application for Commercial Business by Mail or use Dropbox
There is a non-refundable application fee ($25), so please verify services at your address before submission. Customers are also required to pay a deposit when signing up for service. For new businesses, please contact the Business Office for the deposit amount.
NOTE: If you are moving in during the weekend, activation must be completed anytime during normal business hours, as the Town is not open on weekends, in order to avoid delay. Please call to confirm your utilities activation date if necessary. Accounts must be activated by the resident, not an agent or attorney. The Police Department is unable to turn on water or electricity if an account has not been established and activated by a new resident.
If you still have questions about signing up for services, please call our Business Office at 302-653-9231. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm.
To close your utilities account, fill out the Request for Disconnection form below.
NOTE: If the new resident does not submit an application for utility services (as listed above), the previous resident/account holder will continue to be charged if the previous resident has not submitted the Request for Disconnection form.