- Make sure the utilities are up to date.
- Complete and submit the Disconnection Form.
- We do not disconnect on weekends and holidays.
- Make sure the utilities are up to date or will be collected at settlement.
- If a one day walk through/home inspection is being completed, by the property owner, property manager, or seller’s representative submit a Home Inspection Request .
- Please include the requested date (Monday-Friday) and time (8a-3p).
- Electric and water can be turned on as early as 8am and will be turned off at 3pm. Someone will need to be at the home to meet someone from the water department for the water turn on.
- If the electric has been off for longer then six (6) months, an outside electrical inspection needs to be completed and the cut-in-card mailed, emailed, or faxed by the inspection agency.
- If utilities are to be on for an extended period of time, the owner will need to put something in writing, providing an updated mailing address for future correspondence, and pay any delinquent balances, if applicable.
- If the seller’s agent/manager is looking to turn on utilities a business/builder application. must be completed, delinquent balances paid, if applicable, and deposit of $225.00 submitted in cash, check, or money order to Town Hall or mailed to:
Town of Smyrna
P.O Box 307
Smyrna, DE 19977