Homeowner/Property Management Responsibilities
- Make sure the yearly rental license of $55 is up to date and paid for.
- A rental inspection of $55 has to be paid for, scheduled and passed, before each tenant’s move in date. If the inspection fails, a re-inspection of $80 has to be paid for and scheduled. This continues until the inspection passes
- If applicable, all previous tenants’ water and sewer balances have to be paid.
- This is homeowner or property management responsibility only, and must be done before any inspection is completed and the new tenant(s) moved in.
- A Rental Unit Lease should be filled out and then signed. If a Water form is required, fill this out as well. This can be done either online or picked up in the office with the Addendum. These forms are to be given to the tenant(s) so that they can upload the documents with their application.
- Complete the Utility Application on the Town’s website.
- Renter must attach the required documents to the application: Customer’s I.D., signed lease, and Water form (if applicable).
- A deposit of $200 and a $25 nonrefundable application fee will need to be paid online with the application or at Town hall by cash, check, or money order in the office, or dropped off in our brown box in front of Town hall, after hours, via check or money order only.
- Renter must not have any outstanding balances with the Town at prior addresses. It is the Renter’s responsibility to pay all past due accounts in full in order to establish a new account.