Town Hall and 22 S. Main Street to Reopen Monday, July 13th
Town of Smyrna, Delaware – Starting Monday, July 13, 2020 public access will be permitted at Town Hall and 22 South Main Street (Planning, Building and Inspections) for limited services and following COVID-19 guidance. Residents and customers may perform drop-off needs in-person between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with the following protocols:
• Residents and customers must wear face masks as directed by Governor Carney and the State of Delaware.
• Social distancing must be maintained.
• Drop-off of payments, forms, applications, permits, etc. can be completed; no extended services will be completed in-person.
• Unplanned conversations beyond a drop-off action will require a person to leave the Town facility and call staff to continue a detailed discussion.
• No unplanned meetings will occur; all face-to-face meetings will occur by scheduling in advance with safety protocols applied to best try to maintain social distancing, health and safety of staff and attendees.
o True emergency situations will be assessed on a case-by-case situation.
The Town of Smyrna is committed to try to support those in need of direct support of governmental services in the safest fashion and extend advance appreciation for understanding and cooperation to reopening protocols. For those in needs of Town services that are quarantined or of high risk, the customer service staff is ready to accept phone calls throughout the day. Almost all forms and documents can be found online and provide at the customers convenience the ability to submit documents and payments digitally.
The goal of providing quality customer-oriented service to the community is balanced with COVID-19 guidance and limitations. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces in person once again. Behind a mask, of course.