Listing or Buying Agent Information

Settling Agencies

Please fill out a Property Record Request.

  • This will give you a list of taxes, liens, and misc. against the property.

If a one day walk through/home inspection is needed, fill out the Home Inspection Request . This request is only granted once and must be made by the property owner, property manager, or seller’s representative. You will need a copy of the listing agreement.

  • Please include the requested date (Monday-Friday) and time (8a-3p).
  • Electric and water can be turned on as early as 8am and will be turned off at 3pm. Someone will need to be at the home to meet someone from the water department for the water turn on.
  • If the electric has been off for longer then six (6) months, an outside electrical inspection needs to be completed and the cut-in-card mailed, emailed, or faxed by the inspection agency, (maybe include a link to the list of inspection agencies we have?).

If utilities are to be on for an extended period of time, the owner will need to put something in writing, providing an updated mailing address for future correspondence, and pay any delinquent balances, if applicable.

If the seller’s agent/manager is looking to turn on utilities

  • all delinquent balances paid
  • Business/Builder Application. must be completed, a deposit of $200.00 and an application fee of $25.00 must be paid. You can pay the deposit and application fee when filling out the Business/Builder Application or submitted in cash, check, or money order to Town Hall or mailed to:

Town of Smyrna
P.O Box 307
Smyrna, De 19977