Job Title: Network Technician
Salary range: $45,000 - $55,000
Department: Business Office
Hours: Full Time
Summary of the Position
Under general supervision this position is responsible for maintaining and repairing information technology equipment, analyzing customer requests for service and maintenance calls in assigned area. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining a variety of equipment and electronic devices. Position responsibilities include installation, upgrades and support of network servers, personal computers and related hardware/software for our employees.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Installing equipment for data communications networks including: hardware, software,and data communications equipment.
2. Conducting a daily backup of necessary systems and data
3. Working in multiple Microsoft platforms
4. Performing routine troubleshooting, installation and maintenance on switches, routers, servers, wireless Equipment, PCs, servers and UPS’s.
5. Monitoring systems’ security
6. Working directly with vendors for support issues.
7. Trouble-shooting equipment for data communications networks including: computer hardware, software, and data communications equipment.
8. Working independently, solve problems, and take ownership of projects
9. Protecting and recovering data in the event of an emergency such as power failures and surges, system malfunction, etc.
10. Performing other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Must be able to work within several computer systems
2. Must possess a basic understanding of computer network cabling
3. Strong background in server maintenance and software installations and upgrades
4. Must be able to learn and provide support for computer software programs
5. A basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database
6. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
7. Strong analytical / problem solving skills
8. Previous experience in webpage design and/or development
9. Must have knowledge of network and system’s security
10. Must have proven experience with maintain various social media platforms
11. Ability to interact effectively with the public, other employees, and management pleasantly, courteously, and with patience.
Required Education and Experience:
•Minimum of three years related on-the-job experience utilizing the above skills and technology; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
•Must possess a valid current driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience:
•College degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
•Possess an A+ (Plus) Certification
•Minimum four years’ experience in installing, testing, and configuring networks and associated wiring, network dependent devices and infrastructure components.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 60 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
***Must pass a pre-employment physical, criminal and background investigation.
Must have current working knowledge of computer and network systems and equipment
Resume is required, only Applications submitted online will be considered.
Some evening and weekend hours are requiredApply Online