Job Title: Support Specialist
Salary range: $42,00 - $52,000
Hours: Full Time
Employment Status: Full- Time
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Classification: Emergency Essential/AFSCME Union Member
Department: Administration – IT
Reports To: IT Manager
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Primary Work Location: In/around the Town, with reporting, office duties and meetings at Town Hall and other Town facilities, as required.
Salary Range: $45,000 - $52,000
General Statement of Duties:
Under general supervision this position is responsible for maintaining and repairing information technology equipment, analyzing customer requests for service, and maintaining calls in assigned area. The position is also responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining a variety of equipment and electronic devices. Position responsibilities include installation, upgrades and support of network servers, personal computers, and related hardware/software for our employees. Provides computer user support and troubleshooting within Town’s established customer service parameters; does related work as required.
Essential Job Functions:
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software and/or network operating problems.
- Provide telephone/on-site support to computer users within the Town.
- Ensure customer issues are promptly resolved consistent with established standards; Communicate status of current resolution efforts and how operations may be impacted.
- Take Physical Inventory of IT Supplies and Hardware.
- Maintain Information Technology inventory within Access Database.
- Prepare reports as required on equipment/application malfunction.
- Serve as technical advisor for system users or refers more difficult issues to a supervisor; Track equipment maintenance needs and recommends improvements/training.
- Working in multiple Microsoft platforms
- Working directly with vendors for support issues
- Performing other related duties as assigned. Maintain and implement new and existing software.
- Train staff in the use of software
- Evaluate existing workflows and provide improvements using existing or new software
- Managing ticketed query system and ensuring comprehensive database of queries and resolutions is kept up to date
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Identifying and resolving technical issues
- Delivering regular and customized training to teams within the business
- Preparing maintenance plans and upgrading schedules for the organization’s systems
- Developing reports for teams across the business
- Minimum four years’ experience in installing, testing, and configuration networks and associated wiring, network dependent devices and infrastructure components in a multi-site setting.
- Minimum of three years related on-the-job experience utilizing the above skills and technology; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Vocational, trade school, technical training, or associate degree with of 1-3 years of work experience in computer technology, call center, or related technical field
- A+ (plus) Certification desired.
Required Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- Must be able to work within several computer systems
- Must possess a basic understanding of computer network cabling
- Strong background in server maintenance and software installations and upgrades
- Must be able to learn and provide support for computer software programs
- Working independently, solve problems, and take ownership of projects
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 applications and Microsoft Office desktop
- A basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Previous experience in webpage design and/or development
- Must have knowledge of network and system’s security
- Must have proven experience with maintaining various social media platforms
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, other employees, and management pleasantly, courteously, and with patience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or mover objects up to 60 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle to meet essential duties of the role.
- Possession and retention of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the State of Delaware. All motor vehicle violations must be reported to supervisor immediately and a good driving record is required to retain position.
- Must pass testing for substance abuse, criminal background investigation, and credit check.
- May be required to pass testing of physical strength and agility to qualify for and retain position.
- Must maintain a positive work environment by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes harmonious relations with customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
Town of Smyrna is an AA/EEO employer
Apply for Position