The Smyrna Public Library is open for curbside service only.
Curbside Pickup Process:
- Use our online service at lib.de.us or contact the library to place holds on materials.
- Library staff will notify you when materials are available for pick up.
- Items may be picked up by appointment only. An appointment for a pickup time and parking spot will be scheduled with you, when you are notified of your materials arrival. Available hours for service are Monday through Friday (10:00 am to 5:45 pm) and Saturday (10:30 am to 1:30 pm).
- Arrive at your assigned time at the library’s back parking lot. There are signs posted in the assigned parking spots.
- Once parked, contact the library and let them know your name and your parking spot number.
- Staff will retrieve your checked out items, and bring them to your car. Remain in your vehicle with the trunk open. Library staff will place your items in the trunk and move away. You may then close your trunk and depart.
- Materials will be checked out for three weeks.
We welcome you to place holds on CD’s, DVD’s, Blu-rays, books, audiobooks, and magazines from the above list of participating libraries. We apologize for the length of time that it will take to receive requested items, but assure you that we are working diligently to obtain them as quickly as possible.
Our book drop is open 24/7. All materials deposited into the book drop will be quarantined for one week before being returned Fine Free.
Thank you for keeping your library staff safe during this trying time. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please visit our Friends of the Smyrna Public Library Facebook page for the latest monthly calendar of events, pictures, information about programs, and much, much more.....also, check out our events calendar!