Avoid Termination or get Reconnected
Past Due Accounts
If you have received a disconnection notice and/or phone call, make a payment on your account as soon as possible. Payments can be made the following way:
- at Town hall, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., cash, check, or money order.
- Over the phone with our automated system, 302-653-9231 option 2. You will need your account number, and a credit card or checking account information.
- Online. You will need your account number and a credit card or checking account information.
- Check or money order placed in our brown drop box outside of Town hall.
- Check or money order mailed to Town hall at P.O. Box 307, Smyrna DE 19977.
Payments are due the day before the noted shut off day.
If you are unable to make an immediate payment and need further assistance, please check out the financial assistance list.
Disconnection and Reconnection
If your service has been disconnected due to non-payment:
- A $25 administrative fee will be applied to your account.
- Your account must be paid IN FULL to have service restored.
- Payment MUST be made by cash, cashier check, or money order at Town hall from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Credit card payments ONLY can be made over the phone with our automated system, or online.
- If you pay online or over the phone, you must contact our Customer Service Team so that we can start the reconnection process.
- Checking account payments take time to process and services WILL NOT be restored until the payment is approved by the third party.
- Personal checks WILL NOT be accepted.
- If your utility service has been disconnected twice within a three-year period, you will have to purchase a remote disconnect collar, (if your home does not already have a remote disconnect collar).
Please call (302) 653-9231 option 3 to speak to one of our Customer Service Representatives.
Upon confirmation of full payment, your service will be reconnected by the day's end.
After hours payments will be confirmed the following day, and service re-established during normal business hours.