If you have decided to go solar, a general outline of the process is provided:
- You (or your contractor) will need to complete an Interconnection Agreement (PDF) and attach all related documents such as:
- Inverter datasheet
- PV module datasheet
- Single line drawing
- Site plan
- AC/DC disconnect cut sheet
- PV watts
- Once we receive the application and required documents, the town will review the application. If we have any questions or need additional information on your solar system, we will contact you by phone or email.
- Once the application is approved (approximately 2 to 3 weeks), you will receive a signed approved application with an attachment outlining our requirements.
- The town will determine whether your current electric meter is a bi-directional meter. If it is not, a bi-directional meter will be installed at no cost to you.
- After the proper electric meter is installed, you or your contractor may begin to install the solar system.
- After your system is installed, but before turning on your solar system, you must call the Town at 302-389-2315 to ensure that proper warning labels were installed to protect our electric crew members. At that time, we will also confirm that the meter can be read bi-directionally.
If you still have questions, please email the Property Division or call 302-389-2315.